Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Lubec and Campabello

The past weekend was great weather, packed up the cameras and headed east. Drove from the house to Lubec to catch the West Quaddy Head Light house there. If you have never been, you need to go. It is an amazing place. Not just for photography but just to take a beautiful day and walk along the miles and miles of trails that they have to offer. This past weekend was only in the low 30's and there was a breeze so it was chilly, I am definitely going to go there again this summer and take advantage of the trails.

I did get some decent shots of the light house. However, I was sort of rushed because I wanted to go over to Campabello Island and catch the East Quaddy Light House there. This time of year the sun does not stay in the sky too long and it is about a 2 1/2 drive from the house.

I think some of the best pictures I took was on Campabello Island and of the sea gulls. I came up on this cove when I was driving and there were literally hundred of gulls on the shore and just in the water. I grabbed the camera and started shooting. It was amazing how many gulls there were as you can see by the pictures in my scenic gallery.

All together I think I saw about 6 bald eagles during the day, however, I was not able to catch a good shot of any of them. This summer is going to be fantastic if I can get back there and see some more.

I posted about 17 pictures to my scenic gallery from my trip. I am going to post more, but just have to sort through them and make sure they are quality. Make sure you check out all the photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment